Friday, September 16, 2011

Five Minute Friday: JOY


    It's FRIDAY!!  Today I am linking up with Lisa Jo @ www.gypsymama.com and writing for 5 minutes, unedited on:
JOY

Go:

When my husband Joe was a little boy, he was called Joey...

He thought the words to the song "Joy to the world" were about him..."Joey to the world"

and even though the song was originally written about Christ and the joy and good tidings he has brought by coming into this world.

And even though I believe that same Christ is the one who brings all joy to my soul...

I believe that he has gifted me with a deep down fulfillment in my partner who I still refer to as "Joey" and will until the day death do us part.

Whether it's the mundane everyday routine of our lives or the mountaintop (or should I say hilltop) experiences we share...



God has blessed me with this joy in my Joey that I will never grow tired and will always return to at the end of each day, as long as we share the breath of this life here on earth.

So thank you God above for my Joey, my joy...


STOP

Last weekend we celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in beautiful northern Michigan and I felt a piece of heaven as we took in the gorgeous sunrise together...


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Love it, great post! My son's name is Joseph, but we call him Joey (at least for now), wonder if he will think the same thing. :-) Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

God gives such good gifts! It's a joy to be loved by Him and by our dear ones. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday.

Stacy @ Heartprints of God said...

Awww....so happy the love of your life is also what brings so much joy to your life.

May God continue to bless you with joy unspeakable as you and your love abide in His presence.

~Stacy

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily!
What a wonderful post. Joy...Joey...
Fabulous memory.
Congratulations on 13 years! Such a big deal.