Saturday, August 6, 2011

WHOLE (Five Minute Friday)


Today is Friday, Five Minute Friday....Here's the deal:
  1. Write your words without editing them.
  2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to come and share their unedited stories too.
  3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and compliment the person who shared right before you.
Easy peasy. OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes for the prompt:
WHOLE




In 5 minutes starting now:

Go

In first grade I still pretended that a half sandwich filled me up, not a WHOLE one...

And still I pretend much of the time that I am filled up.  Filled with the Holy Spirit to overflowing...more than whole...

I like to wear the mask...

Afraid to reveal the broken me to the world around.

Always covering my blemishes, my pieces with foundation that only wears off...

Reaching out only when my breaking self is so unrecognizable that I have no other choice but to extend a hand upward to my savior...

Who always glues me back together, whole in Him, even when glimpses of light are still bursting forth through cracked holes...

but maybe that's what it's all about, this life that I live...

Brokenness made WHOLE...daily through Him...and some cracks left open allowing His Light, Jesus to shine through...

STOP

So it's actually Saturday morning 12:27 am as I write these final words...but I am still awake and definitely considering it Friday evening....

Happy FRIDAY!


1 comment:

BARBIE said...

Such beautiful words!