Saturday, August 20, 2011

Five Minute Friday (NEW)

It's Friday again and I have been enjoying these five minute posts that Lisa-Jo over at thegypsymama.com has been encouraging a bunch of us bloggers to participate in....


    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.

Today the subject is:

NEW

Go:

Gazing at a newborn baby fresh out of the womb does something to a woman.  Something unexplainable....

Everything is pure, untouched, not blemished with the polluted world yet...

The freshness of smooth, undamaged, flawless skin and all that goes with that is beautiful...

I long to hold each one of my three children for the first time, just once more...taking in every bit of untouched newness...

I think that is the closest thing to pureness that I have ever attained...

Yet Christ has made me just that...

New...Unstained, pure and Unblemished through Him and Him only...

He has taken this old, used-up heap of worn-down flesh and turned every bit of it into a newborn being...

"He makes all things new"  And tonight I am thanking Him for re-creating my messed up, worn-down, haggard old self into someone brand new!!!

STOP



2 comments:

Wendy said...

What lovely words... thank you!

Emily said...

Love this post and can relate totally! Cute blog momma!