Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Quotes

"Put off today what you can do tomorrow" 


My philosophy this evening as I gaze around the house, ignoring the slight increase in my heart rate. 


 Suitcases filled with the children's clothes adorn the hallway upstairs and have sat there for the last week and a half, since we came home from our annual vacation.  


My freshly painted bedroom that I vowed to keep tidy is piling up and the master bath is actually frightening to say the least.  


Dishes are waiting patiently to be done...  


Carpets are crying to be cleaned...


Toys are tired of being tripped over...


And Mama is too tired tonight...


And I am coining this new phrase...


"Put off today what can be done tomorrow" 


I seriously thought this was the quote, probably because I wished it was.  


But once again I was mistaken and the original quote by Thomas Jefferson reads,


"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today"


Just my luck!!!


Hopefully I will be able to sleep in knowing this new piece of information!!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

a momma's work is never done!! ;) Sleep tight beauty, it will all still be there in the morning...