Monday, July 18, 2011

JUMP



JUMP!!!


Go ahead and JUMP!  


Don't know exactly what David Lee Roth is referring to as he sings these lyrics and Eddie rocks it out on the guitar and keyboard....


I do know that my husband LOVES this song and the way Eddie can pluck out those riffs on the neck of that sweet  Charvel from the mid 1980's (he lets me know).  


I also know that I actually miss the metal hair of the 80's and really wish I could have seen some of these rockers at their hair salons with their hair wrapped tightly in pink rods drenched in perm solution with plastic caps holding the heat in while they sat under dryer hoods with elderly ladies next to them getting their weekly roller sets.


And I also wonder when yellow zebra jackets went out along with leather chaps and fish net...??


Sorry, back to my point....


JUMPING....


I used to love to jump on my cousin's trampoline when we would visit every summer down in Eastern Kentucky.  The thought of a security net never crossed my mind as I bounced for hours at a time.  I would gaze down at the rusty springs and up into the surrounding hills and imagine myself in a circus or better yet maybe even the summer Olympics with Mary Lou Retton as I would flip and twist.  I would envision a picture of me in a red white and blue USA leotard and a gold medal adorning my neck on the front of the "Wheaties" cereal box.


Dreamily and fearlessly bouncing...  


And I have been thinking about this lately as I watch my children play.  


How carefree and fearless they are.


I've been remembering how I used to be that way too.


What happens to us as we age?


Fear has crept in and kept me captive holding me back....inhibiting me....restraining me so I am unable to just,


JUMP!


(I need to) "just go ahead and JUMP"


and who better to inspire me, this middle sister all grown up and tied up...than my middle child, Micah Joseph who just LOVES to JUMP!!!


Take the plunge and enjoy every second of it!!!

Matthew 18:3

New International Version (NIV)
3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.








No comments: