Friday, April 22, 2011

GOOD Friday?? BAD Friday??

On "Good Friday" I never feel GOOD

As a matter of fact I almost always feel BAD

Unworthy

Shameful

Wretched

And puzzled as to why 

God in all of His glory would have left his throne in heaven...

Confused as to why He

"made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness." (Phil 2:7)

Knowing He would be

"despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering." (Isiah 53: 3)

Knowing He would be

"oppressed and afflicted...led like a lamb to the slaughter." (Isiah 53: 7)

Baffled that He would be

"pierced for our transgressions...crushed for our iniquities" (Isiah 53: 5)

Yet in this same passage I am reminded 

"By His wounds we are healed" (Isiah 53: 5)

In Him all of my BAD is made GOOD

All of my iniquities

Every bit of 

Shame

Unworthiness

Wretchedness

has been healed for

"By His wounds we are healed"



















1 comment:

Meg said...

I love this Emily! You posts are always so lovely and well put together! Thank you for sharing!! Blessings to you and yours!!