Friday, September 20, 2013

Five Minute Friday: She

On Fridays a bunch of brave writers gather here to all spend 5 collective minutes writing on a single prompt.
Here’s how it all got started, back story, details and all. The short version is:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word. (On your blog or in the comments).
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog footer}.
3. Go leave some comment props for the five minute artist who linked up before you.
It’s a great way to catch your breath at the end of a long week.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/09/five-minute-friday-she/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thegypsymama+%28thegypsymama%29#sthash.T5EbxBIm.dpuf

She:


Go

She's got a way about her, don't know what it is...or so Billy Joel thought...

I want to be her, the she in that song.

I wonder if every woman does?

The longing to be cherished.  To be loved and not just typically but atypically...

To be needed...yearned for...

To turn someone around...and have them not know how we do it.

And in the ordinary, mundane everyday life to be thought of as extraordinary.

I may not be.  Probably never will be in the eyes of another human...

But there is a God and He is a God who sees me.

And in His eyes, through the sacrifice of His beloved Son who bore all my shame, He sees me as just that.

Extraordinary...with a way about her...

And He sees my potential...What I was designed for...To do His will, making known the extraordinary in the ordinary.  Living out His purpose in a way that He would have...All for His glory!!

Stop

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Me. Too. I have always wondered, me too. You are not alone. Lovely words you've written here.