Friday, September 13, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Mercy

Mercy

One of my Grandma's favorite sayings was, "Well Lord have mercy..."  Whenever something was shocking or surprising to her, she would say those four words with her southern Kentucky drawl.

And when times are tough, when I don't feel the grace of God I say those words, pray them out to Him...

"Lord have mercy..."  sometimes it's in the form of , "help me Jesus"  when the kids are on my last nerve or the clock ticks too fast or when I'm at the end of my rope.

But that's what Jesus is...mercy...Our saving grace...and it doesn't matter if the situation is large or small, He grants us mercy whenever we cry out for it...

Today I'm saying it.

"Lord have mercy"  on my children while they are at school...on my husband at work...on me as I go about my day.  Because we all need it so...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I can almost hear your grandma now..."Lord, have mercy." Amen, Lord have mercy on us all today. We sure do need it! Have a wonderful weekend! - Sophia (visiting from FMF)