Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Slow Down and Breathe Deep


Tonight my sweet daughter, our only girl last in the line of two brothers, asked me to spin her around as fast as I could.  She threw her head back in laughter and as she lifted her gaze up to mine, she grabbed my cheeks in her hands and squished them lovingly and begged,

"Faster, faster mommy!"

Carefully while spinning I explained if I went any faster we both might end up on the floor.  And all the while I was trying to cherish every moment of the very end of 2012 with my precious girl tight-fast in my arms.  As we twirled I held hard and soaked up the beauty of the sacred dance between us...

And as she cried,  "faster,"

I thought, "no, sweet baby girl, slower..."

How rushed we live most days...

I yearn to "Slow Down"

I have every good intention of doing it also.  But unfortunately when push comes to shove I ignore the latter and race through instead...

I want to soak it in, cherish, live in gratitude daily and actually take the time to give thanks for the moment...

This 2013 I want to slow down and breathe deep...

Goodbye 2012~









No comments: