Saturday, January 3, 2009

Anxious Prayers

A few days ago I found out that a very good friend of mine who has been trying for a very long time to become pregnant is with child. Our God is so good. He is so faithful and I am so thankful that my friend is experiencing pregnancy. Would you join me in praying for her? Her name is Amy and she has been a life-long friend of mine. I am praying that God will grant her the peace that passes all understanding as she goes through these next several months.

The peace that passes all understanding...

How I long for that. So much of the time I am anxious about EVERYTHING, instead of presenting my concerns up to God with prayer and supplication.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about when I was pregnant the very first time with Jonah. Two very important people in my life are expecting right now and I am thinking about them often and remembering my pregnancies, but for some reason I only remember the first time clearly (probably because I was busy taking care of other children the other times and couldn't really think about myself). Thankfully there weren't any complications, I just got to experience the miracle of housing another human being inside of me for nine months and I really wasn't concerned at all...that was, until he was born. After Jonah arrived here, I became a germophobic, panic-stricken, worry wort of a mother. I was so worried all of the time about my precious baby. I became obsessive about people getting him sick and when he was sick, I was sick to my stomach with worry!! I joke around with my friends and family and tell them that I didn't become a type A personality until I had kids, and it's the truth! Looking back on this I realize how God used this thorn to turn me to Him. I think I would have lost it, if I didn't have my faith and God has increased my faith and continues to do so through my children and their circumstances. Until I became a mom, I didn't ever realize how completely and utterly powerless I am as a human being. How could I, or how can I go through life without holding onto my God? I couldn't! Call me weak, Say I need a crutch, and I will agree! I am desperate. I need my God. I could not live one day without His unfailing love.

So that's where I am right now.

Powerless.

Weak.

In Need.

Reaching out to a God who reached His loving hand down for me.

Waiting on Him and knowing that He again will fill me with the peace that passes all understanding.

Praising Him in advance for all that He will continue to do in my life and the lives of those I love!

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Emily, Happy New Year!!! My girlfriend once said that the sanctification of women comes through child rearing. I have thought of that over and over again. It certainly is so true in my life! I can echo every one of your fears over your newborn. I was the same way. Fear was such a stronghold to me. I have received some victory in that area, but find that fear often just shifts places if it can't overwhelm in an old area. You are so right--we are desperate for Jesus! So thankful that He so welcomes our neediness and that we find all we are looking for in Him. I see Him in your words, sweet friend. Love you much! Shawn