Monday, September 29, 2008

A Portion of the Weight

I have been so low lately.

First of all, I threw my back out. NOT FUN!! Let me just give a little bit of good advice, don't wear high heels two nights in a row without sitting down at least periodically throughout your events!...and a shot in the back isn't too fun either!

Secondly, my very good friend is moving away, far away. Every time I think about it, I just lose it! I have been reminiscing in my mind of so many special times that we have shared; our engagements, our weddings (which were only two weeks apart), the births of our babies. Rarely, do you meet another couple and all just click. From day one, the four of us immediately had a connection. I would venture to say that Joe has never had a closer friend. It's not too often that two young men can be crazy-silly and have tons of fun together and also pray and worship our Lord together without being afraid of becoming demacho-anized (like my new word? I just made it up!). My friendship with her is something that is just plain irreplaceable! She is my sound board, my confidant, my prayer warrior, and the most humble, wonderful role model of a wife, mother and Christian woman that I could ever think of (and I'm not being overly dramatic despite all of my emotions, it's the truth!). I know that there are emails and texts and phone calls, but I am going to miss seeing them!

So, I have been wallowing in a pool of self-pity for days now. During one of my broken moments, a crazy thought strayed into my little head. Maybe, instead of swimming in the waters of self-indulgent sorrow, I should lift up my friend and her family in prayer. Every moment that I feel the sadness start to creep up into my heart, PRAY! For goodness sakes, they have a lot more to be concerned with right now. The stress of moving your whole family, selling a house, starting a new job, starting a new life for that matter! Maybe, instead of half-heartedly dropping a few lines into my bedtime prayers, I could really start to intervene on their behalf. Maybe I shouldn't be so concerned with the physical loss of my wonderful friend, but instead pray for God to bless her with godly and true and loving friendships on her new journey! Most importantly, maybe I should start to pray that some of their burden would be dispersed on me, so I can help carry a portion of the weight!

Galatians 2:6 (NASB)
Bear one another's burdens and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.

No comments: