Monday, June 13, 2011

Love

What a man I am married to...

He loves the outdoors.  Tells me casting a line is almost spiritual for him...

He loves sports...hockey is his favorite.  "GIVE BLOOD, PLAY HOCKEY"  if you know what I mean...

He's a guy's guy.

The opposite of a metro-sexual  (which drives me nuts being a hairstylist and all...) and hates to dress up but has to wear a suit and drive off to work clean shaven everyday.

But tonight, his true deep love for me surfaced and peeked out it's beautiful face.

Because tonight game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals were being intently watched by those magnificent eyes that still make my heart melt...

And NO the Red Wings were not playing but YES he was excited to see...

And my sweet, sweet man who has been cultured above and beyond he ever signed up for or thought he would be, I'm sure, through this crazy girl...

He not only lets me turn the channel to PBS and catch the very end of the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Tribute... (which happens to be on the very top of my "favorite things" at the moment...)

He actually sang along and smiled all the while missing the end of Game 6.

(The poor guy has been dragged to 3 Broadway performances of this particular musical since he met me)

And all I can say is that I'm blown away!!

He really does LOVE me!!!


1 Corinthians 13:4–8a
(New International Version)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (NIV)

No comments: