Monday, January 24, 2011

All Wiped Up

The other day my three and a half year old yells to me from the bathroom to come and wipe her bottom.  We have a deal, she wipes for number 1 and I wipe for number 2.  I called back that I would be there in one minute.  Upon arriving I immediately realize that she has attempted to take care of things herself.

"It was an accident," she says.

"No it was NOT.  You deliberately tried to wipe your own butt and it was not an accident," I tell her.

"But mommy, it was a deliberate accident!" She cries.

I had to bite my tongue and try not laugh out loud!

However, is there such a thing as a deliberate accident?  And do I justify my own deliberate accidents time and time again, knowing that my God will repeatedly wipe the slate clean (...no pun intended) no matter what?  How thankful I am for that unmerited favor that he bestows upon me.   And I know that my righteous acts are like "filthy rags" (Isiah 64:6).  Yet, how often do I just shake, what I know I shouldn't do or say or behave like, off and deliberately disobey my God and His Word and then chalk it up in my mind as "an accident"?   A deliberate accident!

Little Miss Sassafras really drove home a hard point with her mama today!  I sit here and am amazed at how God speaks through my children to me...even in the bathroom when I'm wiping a little bottom!!  

  



No comments: